Mid-Cities Music Teachers Association 2016-2017 Recitals
Winter Recital – February 17, 2018 – 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30*
*NEW* – This 1:30 recital will be specifically for JAZZ!. Plan now to encourage all your students to participate, but please understand that there will be limited room so it will be first come, first served. When the recital is full, the recital is full, so register early for this one! Registration for this recital will open November 5, 2017.
Registration deadline: February 3, 2018 – NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Spring Recital – April 7, 2018 – 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30
Online Registration Only
Registration deadline: March 17, 2018 – NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Contact information for the recital Chair is at the bottom of this page.
Location: Metroplex Piano Warehouse, Keller, Tx
We look forward to an exciting year of recitals, whether your students are preparing for competitions and festivals, or if they just need experience playing in public. We want them to have the chance to do both at our recitals. All students under the supervision of any Mid Cities Music Teachers Association Teacher can participate in our recitals.
Please email the following information to the recital chair by the deadline shown above:
- Student’s first and last names – double check all spellings
- Titles of the piece (include movement or opus numbers)
- Names of Composers
- Student’s Age
- Level of piece
- Desired recital time (10:30, 11:30, 12:30 or 1:30 – 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, 4th choice)
Please understand that these recitals are shared with other teachers. We will do our best to accommodate each request, but please be flexible! Any information received after the deadline date cannot be added to the programs. Please submit all names of possible participants early. It is easier to delete a name from a program before a recital than it is to add more names at the last minute.
PERFORMANCE ETIQUETTE FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS:
Teachers, please review these following reminders before the recital:
- Memorization of music is required at all recitals.
- Students are limited to 1 selection per recital.
- Students will need to be at the recital at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Students will be seated in the first three rows. They should look for their name on a printed program in their assigned seat.
- Students and their families will be expected to stay until the completion of the recital. It is common courtesy to all performers.
- Please notify the Recital Coordinator of any canceled time slots.
- Teachers must be present at the recital or send a parent sponsor with a studio schedule.
- Students should dress appropriately.
- Students will not be allowed to warm-up or practice in the recital hall before the recital.
- Please turn off all cell phones and take personal conversations and noisy children outside.
Contact Roxann Huffman at (208) 695-5895
Follow us on Facebook