Information below on how to register your students for the yearly TMTA Student Affiliate membership.
TMTA Student Affiliate
Read below for instructions.
What is a Student Affiliate?
Student Affiliates are student members of our association.
What are the Benefits for my students becoming affiliates?
Opportunities for additional growth and learning through TMTA-sponsored events, such as the State Theory and World of Music Tests, Original Composition and Performance Contests, and various other ensemble and chamber music events.
Awards are given according to a point system for participation in student affiliate events. Points are tallied from 1st grade through high school. Awards are given to seniors with the most points.
THERE ARE TWO REGISTRATION PERIODS for Student Affiliate
Period 1 – FALL Registration
Up to September 15th, the fee for each SA enrollment is $17.
Period 2 – SPRING Registration
From September 16th until December 15th is considered Spring SA enrollment. The fee for each SA enrollment is $22 during this period.
How do I register my students?
- Sign in on tmta.org. A blue sign-in button is available on the upper right- hand corner of the site.
- Once you sign in, the list of your students will appear.
- Click the Edit button next to your student’s name.
- Choose the current grade level for the student. This needs to be updated every year.
- Select “Student is Homeschooled” if applicable.
- Students participating in TMTA events need to have parent name, email, address, and phone number.
- Teachers will be able to add new students who are not transfers in their teacher profile along with needed information such as address, parent’s name, etc.
- Click on “Save Student” when done editing or adding.
- Do NOT enter transfer students as new students. Teachers must inform the Local SA Chair of any students who have transferred from another TMTA teacher. The Local SA Chair will transfer the student to the new teacher’s list.
- In the Notes section for each student, enter “Student Affiliate 2023-2024” if you want your student enrolled in student affiliate.
- Students testing below level in theory should be marked as non-Whitlock. They may be eligible for an instrumental or vocal medal even if testing below level. More information is available from the theory chair.
- Do NOT delete students unless you are ready for their entire SA participation history to be lost.
IMPORTANT, to complete registration you MUST submit your list of students via email directly to Laura Lozano at [email protected]
(Grade, First and Last Name of each student, if the student is a transfer and what teacher they are transferring from)and then proceed to PAY at the following link:
You MUST know how many students you are registering and update the QUANTITY at checkout so that we can match your payment to the students registered. CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR SA REGISTRATION!
Please direct Student Affiliate questions via email to Laura Lozano at: