There will be two MCMTA Recitals.
November 11, 2023 – 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30 – Grace Chapel at White’s Chapel Methodist Church, Southlake
Registration deadline: November 1, 2023
Chair – February Recital: Maria McLean
April 6, 2024 – 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30 – Grace Chapel at White’s Chapel Methodist Church, Southlake
Registration deadline: March 23, 2024
Chair – March Recital: Maria McLean
We look forward to an exciting year of recitals, whether your students are preparing for competitions and festivals, or if they just need experience playing in public. We want them to have the chance to do both at our recitals. All students under the supervision of any Mid Cities Music Teachers Association Teacher can participate in our recitals.
Please email the following information to the recital chair by the deadline shown above:
- Student’s first and last names – double check all spellings
- Titles of the piece (include movement or opus numbers)
- Names of Composers
- Student’s Age
- Level of piece
- Desired recital time (10:30, 11:30, 12:30 or 1:30 – 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, 4th choice)
Please understand that these recitals are shared with other teachers. We will do our best to accommodate each request, but please be flexible! Any information received after the deadline date cannot be added to the programs. Please submit all names of possible participants early. It is easier to delete a name from a program before a recital than it is to add more names at the last minute.
PERFORMANCE ETIQUETTE FOR TEACHERS AND PARENTS
Teachers, please review these following reminders before the recital:
- Memorization of music is required at all recitals.
- Students are limited to 1 selection per recital.
- Students will need to be at the recital at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Students will be seated in the first three rows. They should look for their name on a printed program in their assigned seat.
- Students and their families will be expected to stay until the completion of the recital. It is common courtesy to all performers.
- Please notify the Recital Coordinator of any canceled time slots.
- Teachers must be present at the recital or send a parent sponsor with a studio schedule.
- Students should dress appropriately.
- Students will not be allowed to warm-up or practice in the recital hall before the recital.
- Please turn off all cell phones and take personal conversations and noisy children outside.
Follow us on Facebook